Cochlear-implant sentence example
- The first piece of a cochlear implant is the microphone.
- Making a decision about whether or not a child, especially a very young one, should have a cochlear implant can be very difficult.
- "Children's Consonant Inventories after Extended Cochlear Implant Use."
- She received a cochlear implant in 2002, allowing her to regain some of her hearing.
- The results of audiometric testing can help determine if a hearing aid or cochlear implant may help a child.Advertisement
- A cochlear implant is a surgical treatment for hearing loss that works like an artificial human cochlea in the inner ear, helping to send sound from the ear to the brain.
- A cochlear implant bypasses damaged hair cells in the child's cochlea and helps establish some degree of hearing by stimulating the hearing (auditory) nerve directly.