Coaxing sentence example
- They danced over the keys, coaxing beautiful sound from each one.
- Retiring Sheriff Jake Weller was coaxing him over for a roadside chat.
- This arouses his spirit of contradiction; and he tells them that they might have won it from him by coaxing, but never by threats, and that he values his life no more than the stone he tosses away as he speaks to them.
- It is amusing to observe the extreme care and deliberation with which the bird draws the worm from its hidingplace, coaxing it out as it were by degrees, instead of pulling roughly or breaking it.
- Some of the species grow better when altogether taken out of the soil and fixed to blocks of wood, but in this case they require a little coaxing with moss about the roots until they get established.Advertisement
- His voice was gentle, coaxing.
- Andrew Benson-Wilson is equally skilled in coaxing the wheezy old organ at Knole into life and in playing with fleetness and clarity.
- After much coaxing and pulling and pushing, I smelled fresh air and felt an enormous wave of relief.
- Work slowly into coaxing him to go with you, taking care never to jerk or drag him along.
- They're especially suitable for women with straight hair, as the bangs will fall nicely into shape with little coaxing necessary.Advertisement
- Some kids are naturally more adventurous and will jump right into a lake; others are more cautious and may need coaxing before they're willing to get their feet wet.
- The results showed that men needed a lot of coaxing.
- With a little coaxing from the instructor, finally someone did.
- Some children love craft projects, while others will need coaxing to sit still for more than 10 minutes.
- If you are a woman looking for ways to protect your favorite guy's skin from harm, consider coaxing him into using more sunscreen.Advertisement