Coalmines sentence example
- Iron.The iron-mines of France are more numerous than its coalmines, but they do not yield a sufficient quantity of ore for the needs of the metallurgical industries of the country; as will be seen in the table below the production of iron in France gradually increased during the 19th century; on the other hand, a decline in prices operated against a correspondingly marked increase in its annual value.
- It possesses large cotton mills, and quarries and coalmines are worked in the immediate neighbourhood.
- There are coalmines, several ironworks - one is among the largest in Scotland - and, on the sandhills along the shore, the works of Nobel's Explosives Company, which cover an area of a mile, the separatehut principle being adopted to minimize the risks attendant upon so dangerous an occupation.
- This district, which comprises the coalmines of Lisichansk and the anthracite mines of Gorodishche, occupies about 110,000 acres on the banks of the Donets river.
- The coalmines of the country are capable of producing some 15 million tons of black coal and 24 millions of brown coal (lignite).Advertisement
- The coalmines of Labuan have been worked spasmodically, but success has never attended the venture.
- There were a number of coalmines to the south of the site which were served by inclined plane tramways.