Clubbed sentence example
- This is a somewhat heterogeneous group, most of whose members are characterized by clubbed feelers and simple, unbroadened tarsal segments - usually five on each foot - but in some familie andenera the males have less than the normal number on the feet of one pair.
- The animal was then clubbed, its throat cut and the altar sprinkled with its blood.
- They have clubbed feelers, and their cylindrical bodies (fig.
- We see the auk about to be clubbed to death on Hirta in the year 1840.
- A baby seal being clubbed to death on the Canadian ice floes.Advertisement
- Fish are played on barbed hooks and either released after the hook is torn out or clubbed to death.
- ANT-LION, the name given to neuropterous insects of the family Myrmeleonidae, with relatively short and apically clubbed antennae and four large densely reticulated wings in which the apical veins enclose regular oblong spaces.
- They have eleven segments to the feeler, which is clubbed at the tip, and apparently three segments only in each foot.
- The Cerambycidae, or longhorn beetles, are recognizable by their slender, elongate feelers, which are never clubbed and rarely serrate.
- Though aloe-beer or " pulque " was allowed for feasts and to invalids in moderation, and old people over seventy seem to be represented in one of the picture-writings as having liberty of drunkenness, young men found drunk were clubbed to death and young women stoned.Advertisement
- The ends of the long bones of the arms and legs appear widened and thickened (clubbed).
- The Myrmeleonidae are large insects with short clubbed feelers on their prominent heads, and two pairs of closely similar net-veined wings, with regular oblong areolets at the tips.