Cloying sentence example
- Toto is so cloying he make me want to vomit.
- A mid-weight comforter is more seasonal and comfortable year round without feeling cloying in the summer or too light in the winter.
- Cloying is a negative description generally given for sweet wines that are not balanced in acid structure, residual sugars and tannins.
- Boult conducts this with his customary care, presenting the long lines with a direct approach that avoids any hint of cloying sentimentality.
- Nieremberg has not the enraptured vision of St Theresa, nor the philosophic significance of Luis de Leon, and the unvarying sweetness of his style is cloying; but he has exaltation, unction, insight, and his book forms no unworthy close to a great literary tradition.Advertisement
- Yet, unlike the equally gregarious Doug of Doug's First Movie, he's never cloying.
- In our case, he managed to capture the essence of family life without making it too cloying.
- Triple sec is approximately 46 proof and has a rich sweet (not cloying) orange flavor.
- Scents are personal, and what one person may find delightful, another may find cloying.
- The sophisticated scent is not at all cloying, but those who want just a subtle taste can smooth on this airy lotion.Advertisement
- Marshmallow fondant is sweet without being cloying and has an easy to work with texture for even beginner cooks.
- The finish is bitter with a slightly cloying vanilla edge and a subtle bite in the back of the throat.