Clough sentence example
- She was the sister of Arthur Hugh Clough, the poet.
- Giving this up some ten years later, she lived for a time with the widow of her brother Arthur Hugh Clough - who had died in 1861 - in order that she might educate his children.
- In addition to th e se residents or natives of the locality, Shelley, Scott, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Clough, Crabb Robinson, Carlyle, Keats, Tennyson, Matthew Arnold, Mrs Hemans, Gerald Massey and others of less reputation made longer or shorter visits, or were bound by ties of friendship with the poets already mentioned.
- In 1861 he travelled in Auvergne and the Pyrenees, with Clough, who was to die a few months later; to this year belong "Helen's Tower" and the "Dedication" of the Idylls to the prince consort, "These to his Memory."
- His father, Captain Peter Garrick, who had married Arabella Clough, the daughter of a vicar choral of Lichfield cathedral, was on a recruiting expedition when his famous third son was born at Hereford on the 19th of February 1717.Advertisement
- After Miss Clough's death in 1892 Mrs Sidgwick became principal of the college, and she and her husband resided there for the rest of his life.
- Both teams will wear black armbands this evening in honor of former Rams manager Brian Clough, who died on Monday.
- First climb parallel to Dean Clough over Dean Fields, guided by old gateposts.
- Now, local footballing heroes like Nigel Clough and Garry Birtles have helped launch a national campaign to meet the £ 500,000 target.
- The Clough Brook becomes a raging torrent in stormy weather.Advertisement
- About 800 meters from the dam the waterworks road bridges Black Clough, at which point the reservoir bends round to the left.