Clotted sentence example
- All pigmented animals clotted when the nucleo-proteid was derived from either source.
- Brodie, in ascertaining the physiological properties of nucleo-proteids, found that when they were intravascularly injected into pigmented rabbits, coagulation of the blood resulted, but of the eight albinoes which they used, none clotted.
- When this is clotted the serum is found to act as an anti-venin, so that when mixed with the venom of a snake it renders it harmless.
- Serve with either clotted cream or a lightly whipped double cream with a little brandy added.
- Victorian Tearooms - Enjoy a delicious clotted cream tea served by our friendly Victorian maids.Advertisement
- Throughout the day they serve their famous buns with cinnamon or ginger butter, orange marmalade, clotted cream, or other toppings.
- The wounded man was shown his amputated leg stained with clotted blood and with the boot still on.
- Two teas and two scones with jam and clotted cream.
- When this happens the blood supply to the pile is constricted and the blood within it may become clotted (thrombosed pile).
- Hematoma-A localized collection of blood, often clotted, in body tissue or an organ, usually due to a break or tear in the wall of blood vessel.Advertisement
- This well known common wart has a rough surface, oftentimes with tiny spots of clotted blood.
- The walls bordering the central paths are arched or clotted to admit heat from the chambers below the beds.
- As some of these substances (for example, lead sulphide and copper pyrites) are readily fusible when first heated, but become more refractory as part of the sulphur is dissipated and oxygen takes its place, it is important that the heat should be very carefully regulated at first, otherwise the mass may become clotted or fritted together, and the oxidizing effect of the air soon ceases unless the fritted masses be broken small again.