Closed-end sentence example
- - At the closed end there is no motion, for the pressure always constrains the air to remain in contact with the end.
- The closed end is therefore a node.
- The open end is therefore a loop. It is to be noted that the exciter of the vibrations is in general at the open end, and that the two trains forming the stationary system consist of the direct waves from the exciter travelling into the tube, and the waves reflected back from the closed end.
- He used a tube of variable length and determined the length resounding to a given fork, (1) when the closed end was the first node, (2) when it was the second node.
- The teeth are secreted by a small number of cells at the closed end of the caecum, the basal membrane by a transverse row of cells in front of these.Advertisement
- Beneath the anterior parts of the radula where it emerges from the caecum are a pair of cartilages, and attached to these a number of special muscles by which the radula is moved backwards and forwards to act as a rasp. The secretion of the radula at the closed end of the caecum is continuous, so that it is constantly growing forward as fast as its exposed anterior portion is worn away by use, just as a fingernail is pushed forward by constant growth at its posterior end, and is worn away or has to be cut short from time to time at its outer end.
- First, you gather the pillowcase up in your hands, decreasing the amount of space between the case's entrance and its closed end.
- There is a flexible ring at the closed end of the thin, soft pouch of the female condom.
- The ring at the closed end holds the condom in place in the vagina.