Clods sentence example
- It creates no clods and warms up the quickest in the spring.
- If you have a clay soil leave the clods of turned earth for the winter weather to break them down.
- He who eats during the harvest is not removing clods.
- The soil is cultivated or plowed at frequent intervals to move the clods around and dry them out.
- We got down to the bare minimum of small clods of peat but there was no obvious " find " to be seen.Advertisement
- A good time is in the autumn, leaving the cultivated soil in rough clods to be acted on by the winter weather.
- A mattock with which to break the clods is often found represented in Anglo-Saxon drawings as subsidiary to the plough.
- It is advisable immediately to hand-rake it with common hay-rakes, and thus to remove all stones and clods, and to secure a uniform close cover of plants.
- Very dusty when dry, silt will rarely form clods.
- If you are making a conventional garden, this will mean tilling up the soil, raking out the stones and clods of dirt, adding compost and tilling it again.Advertisement
- Under the article " To falowe," he observes, " the greater clottes (clods) the better wheate, for the clottes kepe the wheat warme all wynter; and at March they will melte and breake and fal in manye small peces, the whiche is a new dongynge and refreshynge of the come."
- The autumnal subsidence of the river was followed by shallow ploughing performed by oxen yoked to clumsy wooden ploughs, the clods being afterwards levelled with wooden hoes by hand.
- Harrow down the clods, level the ridges by cross ploughing, work the land thoroughly.