Clod sentence example
- Said the Doctor, " Tho now a mere clod is he, very soon you'll a sound mind in his body see!
- While the service was taking place a huge clod of snow slipped from the roof and fell right against the church door.
- Butter is thought to help loosen the hair clod, and the extra fiber found in squash is believed to help keep the mass moving out of the digestive tract.
- Mineral oil is useful for lubricating a clod, but it also leaches Vitamin A from your cat's system.
- The Cotmans included breaking the clod, Greta Bridge and also Trentham Church, one of the watercolors which Reeve ultimately retained.Advertisement
- The essential elements were livery of seisin (delivery of possession), which consisted in formally giving to the feoffee on the land a clod or turf, or a growing twig, as a symbol of the transfer of the land, and words by the feoffor declaratory of his intent to deliver possession to the feoffee with a "limitation" of the estate intended to be transferred.
- The suzerain, after receiving the vassal's homage and oath of fealty, invested him with his land or office by presenting some symbol, such as a clod, a banner, a branch, or some other object according to the custom of the fief.