Clinometer sentence example
- Range is reduced by increasing the angle of elevation (by clinometer) or by using reduced charges.
- The old method of giving quadrant elevation by clinometer was obviously too slow.
- For older children, preparation could include measuring slope angles with a simple clinometer.
- On a gun clinometer, the angle is recorded when the lever is released.
- Being up to my neck in cold water whilst trying to get readings from a temperamental compass and clinometer sounded deeply unpleasant.Advertisement
- With howitzers indirect laying is the rule, elevation being usually given by clinometer, direction by laying on banderols marking out the line of fire; then, when the direction has been established, an auxiliary mark, usually in rear, is selected and the line transferred to it.