Cleaving sentence example
- The bodies of flying creatures are, as a rule, very strong, comparatively light and of an elongated form, - the bodies of birds being specially adapted for cleaving the air.
- He was revered by the people cleaving to their altars and their fires, and his birthdays were calendared as festivals, on which greetings were sent to him by young and old.
- "I can't control—" Her first strike slammed into her father's head, cleaving straight through it.
- There is generally a tendency in coals towards cleaving into cubical or prismatic blocks, but sometimes the cohesion between the particles is so feeble that the mass breaks up into dust when struck.
- "I can't controlâ€”" Her first strike slammed into her father's head, cleaving straight through it.Advertisement
- To paraphrase the old saying, the proof of the cleaving is in the living.
- But the sight of Tydeus, cleaving open the skull of his dead enemy and sucking out his brains, so disgusted her that she left him to his fate.
- "For my cultivation," said the beggar, "faith is the seed, self-combat is the fertilizing rain, the weeds I destroy are the cleaving to existence, wisdom is my plough, and its guidingshaft is modesty; perseverance draws my plough, and I guide it with the rein of my mind; the field I work is in the law, and the harvest that I reap is the never-dying nectar of Nirvana.
- Rather than "cleaving to one only" they put a value on honesty and clear communication of emotion in relationships.