Clear-off sentence example
- Each round has a specific number of balls players must clear off the board before the fuse on the dynamite at the bottom of the screen burns down.
- GALVANIZED IRON, sheet iron having its surface covered with a thin coating of zinc. In spite of the name, galvanic action has often no part in the production of galvanized iron, which is prepared by dipping the iron, properly cleaned and pickled in acid, in a bath of molten zinc. The hotter the zinc the thinner the coating, but as a high temperature of the bath is attended with certain objections, it is a common practice to use a moderate temperature and clear off the excess of zinc by passing the plates between rollers.
- His zeal for the efficient administration of justice caused him, in addition to his other heavy work, to sit during several weeks in the spring of 1921 as a judge of first instance, in order to clear off the enormous arrears in the Divorce Court.
- Pack away any knick-knacks to clear off the surfaces in your home.
- For example, make a little room in your closet or clear off a nightstand for your special someone.Advertisement
- It eliminates having to clear off the table, set up your machine then gather your supplies.