Clear-away sentence example
- You get into mixed rock and ice and there's often snow to clear away to get to a hard surface.
- To the work carried on by the Imperial Cancer Research Fund in England, and to investigators in other countries, are due the present day scientific efforts made to systematize investigation and clear away many of the hypothetical speculations that have gathered round this most difficult subject.
- Sir Sackville Carden, the British commander-in-chief in those waters, proposed that a fleet should try to destroy the Ottoman forts in the Straits and to clear away the mine-fields sown in the channel, by adopting a process of methodical advance.
- Through an orifice in the outlet pipe (which is closed during the distillation by a loose plug) a hot iron rod can be introduced from time to time to clear away any solid zinc that may threaten to obstruct it.
- Her first business was to plant herself firmly on her own territory, to make good her position and clear away old and objectionable opinions.Advertisement
- The multiplication of pilgrims after Islam soon made it necessary to clear away the nearest dwellings and enlarge the place of prayer around the Ancient House.
- With the coming of Augustine to Kent the darkness which for nearly two centuries had enwrapped the history of Britain begins to clear away.
- A fairly scrappy row on Wednesday saw Selwyn close slightly on us Christ's getting clear away.
- A footman wanted to come in to clear away something in the room but she would not let him, and having closed the door behind him continued her walk.
- A fairly scrappy row on Wednesday saw Selwyn close slightly on us Christ 's getting clear away.Advertisement
- Trim shrubbery from around the area and clear away debris, like dead wood, leaves and stumps that may be a hazard.
- Before building a campfire, clear away all shrubbery and vegetation from the area, dig a pit for the fire and surround it with rocks.
- The goal of Cubis 2 is to clear away a certain number of colored blocks from the board within a specific amount of time.
- Finally, you'll land a ton of bonus points if you manage to clear away the required number of cubes and leave no cubes left on the board (a Perfect round).
- She was blown clear away to a banquet where she landed in a glass of wine and was drunk by a mortal queen.Advertisement
- Alpha hydroxy acid is an effective exfoliator that helps unclog pores and clear away dead skin cells.
- This gives you more time to clear away the board.