Clapper sentence example
- At first while they were still moving along the Kaluga road, Napoleon's armies made their presence known, but later when they reached the Smolensk road they ran holding the clapper of their bell tight--and often thinking they were escaping ran right into the Russians.
- From the centre of the subumbral surface hangs down the manubrium, like the handle of an umbrella or the clapper of a bell, bearing the mouth at its extremity.
- This concerns both the bell itself as well as the bell clapper.
- Does Great-Aunt Martha really need another Clapper?
- The next problem is that the bell's clapper must strike the correct side of the bell.Advertisement
- Learn about our new partnership with the Worcester clapper team, exploring the possibilities of producing composite clappers.
- A wooden clapper that was sounded by the prior to summon the monks to eat, wash or attend a meeting.
- It has a stone clapper bridge over the East Dart river, one of 30 such bridges on Dartmoor.
- Such ringing as was done was mainly on the front six as the tenor clapper gave up the ghost soon after we began.