Citizenry sentence example
- Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor.
- If governments are created to protect the life, liberty, and property of their citizenry, what all does that entail?
- A grateful citizenry often honors its veterans by statues and memorials.
- Or rather, as MeCCSA would prefer to enable an informed citizenry to participate fully in society.
- A responsive, informed citizenry is the best weapon we have against crime.Advertisement
- For Jefferson, a virtuous and active citizenry was vital to the health of a republican nation.
- The leftist elite obviously fears an armed citizenry, which is, of course, the sole barrier to tyranny.
- The roadworks produced large amounts of dust, which similarly annoyed the local citizenry.
- Ask them about their ideas of ' global identity ' and global citizenry!
- It might be that smaller authorities can pool sovereignty effectively to deliver services, while also giving rise to an engaged citizenry.Advertisement
- Thanks to the rapid development of communications technology we have a highly informed citizenry.
- Spending about 3.5 per cent of GDP on defense does not involve the American citizenry in any great sacrifice.
- This would be the case in a besieged city or a nation using the food supply to keep its citizenry in check.
- In our individual countries, sets of laws are created by the citizenry and are designed to protect life, liberty, and property.
- This usually comes in the form of protecting their citizenry from crime.Advertisement