Circumvented sentence example
- Many tabloids are referring to Angelina Jolie's adoption as a scandal, as though she somehow circumvented Ethiopian adoption laws.
- Two of the options would also allow the intentions of the Act to be easily circumvented.
- Having discovered that Peter, who had reached the age of seventeen, was thinking of taking the administration into his own hands, she conspired against him with the commander of the stryeltsi and some of his maternal relations; but she was circumvented by the rival faction and interned in a convent, and Peter's mother was put in her place.
- France undertook, moreover, to pay the outstanding subsidies to Sweden, amounting to one and a half millions of livres annually, beginning from January 1772; and Vergennes, one of the great names of French diplomacy, was to be sent to circumvent the designs of Russia at Stockholm as he had previously circumvented them at Constantinople.
- By the same token there are inauspicious numbers that are avoided whenever possible or at the least the influence and power they have is minimized or circumvented.Advertisement
- Being a man of innovation, Mellinger circumvented this problem by running classified ads featuring his products.