Cicada sentence example
- The cicada's song resounds among the woods in the autumn; flights of locusts frequently appear after the summer, and they are carried by the prevailing winds even among the glaciers and eternal snows.
- In one of the best-known species, Cicada septemdecim, from North America, the life-cycle is said to extend over seventeen years.
- He became thinner and thinner and smaller and smaller until he became a cicada.
- The " song " of the male cicads is notorious and the structures by which it is produced have already been described (see also Cicada).
- Particularly obtrusive is the cicada (semi), of which there are many species.Advertisement