Cicada sentence example
- The dragon-fly and the cicada afford ceaseless entertainment to the Japanese boy.
- In one of the best-known species, Cicada septemdecim, from North America, the life-cycle is said to extend over seventeen years.
- He became thinner and thinner and smaller and smaller until he became a cicada.
- Particularly obtrusive is the cicada (semi), of which there are many species.
- Genera: Blatta, Mantis, Gryllus, Fulgora, Cicada, Notonecta, Nepa, Cimex, Aphis, Chermes, Coccus, Thrips.Advertisement
- The cicada's song resounds among the woods in the autumn; flights of locusts frequently appear after the summer, and they are carried by the prevailing winds even among the glaciers and eternal snows.
- cicada's whine out a Strawberry Field... Forever?
- The " song " of the male cicads is notorious and the structures by which it is produced have already been described (see also Cicada).
- Cicada >>
- CICADA (Cicadidae), insects of the homopterous division of the Hemiptera, generally of large size, with the femora of the anterior legs toothed below, two pairs of large clear wings, and prominent compound eyes.Advertisement