Chopin sentence example
- He often thought, If Beethoven or Chopin had centuries to compose music, imagine the treasures we would have.
- Chopin was first petted by her like a spoilt darling and then nursed for years like a sick child.
- Before I could respond, my cell phone played a Chopin etude.
- There is some truth in the satire, but it wholly misrepresents her rupture with Chopin.
- It was so early recognized as characteristic of Chopin that a magnificent example may be seen at the end of Schumann's little tone-portrait of him in the Carnaval: a very advanced Wagnerian passage on another principle constitutes the bulk of the development in the first movement of Beethoven's sonata Les Adieux; while even in the " Golden Age " of music, and within the limits of pure diatonic concord, the unexpectedness of many of Palestrina's chords is hardly less Wagnerian than the perfect smoothness of the melodic lines which combine to produce them.Advertisement
- After Paganini he received a fresh impulse from the playing and the compositions of Chopin, who arrived in 1831, and yet another impulse of equal force from a performance of Berlioz's " Symphonie Fantastique, episode de la vie d'un artiste," in 1832.
- They are now included, together with articles on Schumann and Schubert, and the elaborate and rather highflown essays on Chopin and Des Bohemiens et de leur musique en Hongrie (the latter certainly, and the former probably, written in collaboration with Madame de Wittgenstein), in his Gesammelte Schriften (6 vols., Leipzig).
- Later, we find him imitating Paganini and Chopin, and at the same time making a really passionate and deep study of Beethoven, Weber, Schubert, Berlioz.
- Such Longing is danced to the achingly beautiful meditations of Chopin's Nocturnes and Etudes, which are played live.
- It boasts such immortals as Moliere, Jean de la Fontain, and Chopin.Advertisement
- In the domestic quarrel that ensued Solange, who was a very Vivien, got the ear of Chopin.
- Consuelo (1842-1844) and its sequel La Comtesse de Rudolstadt (1843-1845) are fantaisies a la Chopin, though the stage on which they are played is the Venice of Musset.
- Chopin is the Prince Karol of Lucrezia Floriani (1847), a self-portraiture unabashed as the Tagebuch einer Verlorenen and innocent as Paul et Virginie.
- Beethoven's Nine Symphonies; Berlioz's " Symphonie fantastique," " Harold en Italie "; Benediction et Serment (Benvenuto Cellini); Danse des Sylphes (Damnation de Faust); Weber's overtures, Der Freischiitz, Euryanthe, Oberon, Jubilee; Beethoven's and Hummel's Septets; Schubert's Divertissement a la Hongroise; Beethoven's Concertos in C minor, G and E flat (orchestra for a second piano); Wagner's Tannhauser overture, march, romance, chorus of pilgrims; Lohengrin, Festzug and Brautlied, Elsa's Brautgang, Elsa's Traum, Lohengrin's Verweiss an Elsa; Fliegender Hollander, Spinnlied; Rienzi, Gebet; Rheingold, Walhall; Meistersinger, " Am stillen Herd "; Tristan, Isolde's Liebestod; Chopin's six Chants Polonais; Meyerbeer's Schillermarsch; Bach's six organ Preludes and Fugues; Prelude and Fugue in G minor; Beethoven, Adelaide; 6 miscellaneous and 6 Geistliche Lieder; Liederkreis; Rossini's Les Soirees musicales; Schubert, 59 songs; Schumann, 13 songs; Mendelssohn, 8 songs; Robert Franz, 13 songs.
- Once on shared paper, does Chopin relinquish ownership?Advertisement
- The tragedy of Chopin 's short life was consumption (tuberculosis of the lungs).
- Stolichnaya, Grey Goose, Skyy and, if you are not working on a budget, Chopin can all help your create the perfect martini, depending on your taste buds.
- It was doubtless a revulsion of feeling against the doctrinaires and in particular against the puritanic reign of Michel that made her turn to Chopin.