Childe sentence example
- The dying off of older branches and the vigorous growth of shoots nearer the apex of the stem produce a form of tree illustrated by the stone pine of the Mediterranean region (Pinus Pinea), which Turner has rendered familiar in his " Childe Harold's Pilgrimage " and other pictures of Italian scenery.
- Anon so Elisabet of childbed aros Marie Ã¾at maiden milde 280 0 Went hir hom wel stilleliche, sche Šede gret wiÃ¾ childe.
- His Last Canto of Childe Harold appeared in 1825, and he had to fight a duel (in which he was wounded) with an Italian officer, Colonel Pepe, in consequence of a phrase in it.
- A further period of travel with Byron followed, and at this time Hobhouse wrote some notes to the fourth canto of Childe Harold.
- She read widely though unsystematically, studying philosophy in Aristotle, Leibnitz, Locke and Condillac, and feeding her imagination with Rene and Childe Harold.Advertisement
- The numerous sketches he executed were largely used in illustrating Childe Harold.
- The forest of Soignies extended in the middle ages over the southern part of Brabant up to the walls of Brussels, and is immortalized in Byron's Childe Harold.
- From the summit, to which there is a funicular railway, there is a magnificent view, celebrated by Byron in Childe Harold's Pilgrimage.
- The author might almost have said, as Lord Byron after the publication of Childe Harold, that " he awoke one morning and found himself famous."
- (2) Pneumonic plague was observed and described in many of the old epidemics, and particularly by two medical men, Dr Gilder and Dr Whyte, in the outbreak in Kathiawar in 1816; but its precise significance was first recognized by Childe in Bombay.Advertisement