Childbed sentence example
- Especially feared among many peoples are the souls of those who have committed suicide or died a violent death; the woman who dies in childbed is held to become a demon of the most dangerous kind; even the unburied, as restless, dissatisfied spirits, are more feared than ordinary ghosts.
- Under a different aspect, the pair were regarded as the guardians of women in childbed and of new-born children.
- In 1775 he travelled for nine months in Italy with Prince Leopold of Brunswick, and in the following year he married Eva KOnig, the widow of a Hamburg merchant, with whom he had been on terms of intimate friendship. But their happiness lasted only for a brief period; in 1778 she died in childbed.
- The marriage-goddess naturally became the protector of women in childbed, and bore the title of the birth-goddess (Eileithyia), at Argos and Athens.
- Anna and her husband were banished to a small island in the river Dvina, where on the 18th of March 1746 she died in childbed.Advertisement
- Anon so Elisabet of childbed aros Marie Ã¾at maiden milde 280 0 Went hir hom wel stilleliche, sche Šede gret wiÃ¾ childe.
- The ensuing two years were spent by him with his family at Bifrons, and in 1725 he married, with the paternal approbation, Sabetta, daughter of Mr Sawbridge of Olantigh, Kent, who, by a strange fatality, died also in childbed in 1730; in this case, however, the infant, a daughter, survived.