Chicane sentence example
- The king must take the responsibility for their unjust doings; it was his coffers which mainly profited by their chicane.
- I had a bit of a problem with gear selection coming out of the final chicane, which cost me some time.
- I went straight on at the first chicane on my first run which upset my rhythm.
- Michael Morgan finished a strong 9th but Dennis Ashmore was unfortunate to suffer a BIG spin exiting the chicane on the last lap.
- Huxtable's challenge then came from Clark, who dived into fourth position approaching the chicane on the seventh of ten laps.Advertisement
- The FIA could have added a chicane, but only if the bridgestone runners agreed.
- Hornish said he didn't expect how aerodynamic changes would affect the car entering the high-speed chicane.
- As the cars came through the bus Stop chicane for the first time it was Senna leading from Engel, Bakkerud and Jarvis.
- Turn 1 Turn 1 is a medium speed chicane where good exit speed is vital.
- Coming out of the chicane, going to the back straight to Canada Corner, the bike almost stopped.Advertisement
- It takes you off track into a narrow taped chicane around fir trees, trying to miss stumps on the off side.
- Pope was never tired of girding at "Morality by her false guardians drawn, Chicane in furs, and casuistry in lawn"; while Fielding has embodied the popular conception of a casuist in Parson Thwackum and Philosopher Square, both of whom only take to argument when they want to reason themselves out of some obvious duty.
- Jonathan Perry just kept the advantage over James Barnett having passed him at the second chicane a few laps earlier.
- The last chicane, introduced last year, is a little bit of a pain.
- Its hero Nial, type of the good lawyer, is contrasted with its villain Mord, the ensample of cunning, chicane, and legal wrong doing; and a great part of the saga is taken up with the three cases and suits of the divorce, the death of Hoskuld and the burning of Nial, which are given with great minuteness.Advertisement