Chattel sentence example
- He'd not just claimed her in deed but had the nerve to brand her like chattel as well!
- Some lenders offer chattel loans that can be used to purchase the home itself, but not land.
- chattel slavery is closest to the old form of slavery.
- The slave was considered by pagans to be a mere chattel: a possession with no rights or liberties.
- chattel mortgage A fixed charge granted over a moveable asset.Advertisement
- In most parts of the world, women are no longer legally regarded as chattel.
- It is at least as feeble as the case for chattel slavery.
- "I'm not chattel," she muttered.
- What an idiot I would be to make chattel slaves of them.
- chattel slaves of them.Advertisement
- chattel houses is a must see.
- He is also condemning woman's traditional role as her husband's chattel, through Sieglinde's situation in her loveless marriage to Hunding.
- estopped by convention from denying that the bungalow was a chattel.
- The chattel slave was becoming a predial serf, attached to the soil and owing his master certain fixed services and returns in kind.
- The ardu was a slave, his master's chattel, and formed a very numerous class.Advertisement
- This was doubtless the general view of the time; Ben-Sira frankly regards the servant as a chattel (Ecclus, xxxiii.
- Chattel >>