Chastised sentence example
- Dean, feeling duly chastised, didn't mention the subject again, nor did Baratto.
- Ryland continued, a chastised look on his face.
- You have shown your power, you have chastised; I will try all I can to keep my people in order in the future."
- Peter White reports that the single hound in the pen was severely chastised by the huntsman tho there is no video of this.
- Resistance to the financial extortions of the government was cruelly chastised, and the "Chambre Ardente" was instituted against the Reformers.Advertisement
- But that since he lost his books much too well, so God had sharply chastised him by this sore affliction ' .
- He told the assembled meeting, they roared with laughter, put a statement out to the press and Greenpeace was suitably chastised.
- Though he chastised Liberal professors and turbulent students, it was in the spirit of a benevolent Landesvater; and he laboured assiduously at the enormous task of administrative reconstruction necessitated by the problem of welding the heterogeneous elements of the new Prussian kingdom into a united whole.
- Elementary school students may be sufficiently chastised with a few harsh words, but middle school students who engage in unsafe bus behavior may need harsher disciplinary measures to enforce the necessity for safe buses.
- She chastised Bethenny for introducing her by her first name to a limo driver instead of using the proper title.Advertisement
- I sensed he'd been chastised to silence by his wife.
- I hadn't known how Annie was abducted and chastised myself for not seeking the details.
- He silently chastised himself for even caring that some guy named Cleary had spent a few weeks in Scranton and now was traveling off in the sunset in a blue-white-or-lavender motor home.
- Alex might come back after the way she chastised him, and then again, he might not.
- He turned first against the Byzantines, who were defeated several times; he took Cordova and chastised the Suevi; and then by stern measures he destroyed the power of those unruly and rebellious chieftains who had reduced former kings to the position of ciphers.Advertisement
- He now turned against Corsica, captured Bastia (August 1553) and on his return to Constantinople, laden with booty and slaves, chastised the insurgent Albanians.
- In the next year Tethmosis revisited the Phoenician ports, chastised the rebellious and received the tribute of Syria, all the while preparing for further advance, which did not take place until another year had gone by.
- Tidings of a new Mahdist incursion into Abyssinian territory reaching the negus induced him to postpone the settlement of his quarrel with Menelek until the dervishes had been chastised.