Charlock sentence example
- Successful trials of sulphate of copper solution as a means of destroying charlock in corn crops took place in the years 1898-1900.
- Many of the plants are annuals; among these are some of the commonest weeds of cultivation, shepherd's purse (Capsella Bursa-pastoris), charlock (Brassica Sinapis), and such common FIG.
- Early harrowing of fields being prepared for root crops will induce charlock germination allowing the mechanical destruction of seedlings during subsequent seedbed preparations.
- A few plants were in flower, including red and white dead nettles, groundsel, yarrow, charlock and field speedwell.
- Charlock is a most persistent cruciferous weed, but if sprayed when young with the solution named it is killed, the corn plants being uninjured.Advertisement