Charlatans sentence example
- This very popularity had the effect of attracting into their ranks charlatans of the worst type.
- de Bresetz; Les Charlatans modernes, ou lettres sur le charlatanisme academique (1791); Les Aventures du comte Potowski (published in 1847 by Paul Lacroix, the "bibliophile Jacob"); Lettres polonaises (unpublished).
- charlatans and hypocrites who were gathered under the same roof.
- The Gnostic ideas of salvation were in the later schools and sects transferred to these persons whom we must consider as rather obscure charlatans and miracle-mongers, just as in other cases they were transferred to the person of Christ.
- His most popular contemporaries seemed to him to be false guides, and charlatans had ousted the heroes.Advertisement
- prophecy is identified with the " unclean spirit," the pretender to visions is threatened with death by his parents, and, so great is the general contempt for the class, protests that he is no prophet but a tiller of the ground, accounting for the wounds on his person (such as these charlatans used to inflict on themselves) by declaring that they were received in the house of his friends (that is, apparently, in a drunken quarrel); from a very different point of view Joel ii.
- I think it's time all of us who can see through this shabby fraud to start openly criticizing these charlatans.
- Let's get these charlatans for what they deserve!
- And then we are suppose to keep our mouth shut about these religious charlatans.
- And the Roman Catholic Church has made it entirely too easy for such charlatans and hypocrites to hide.Advertisement
- The truth is quite odd enough to need no help from pseudoscientific charlatans.
- preternatural ability lets us distinguish religious charlatans from genuine religious people who seek truth and meaning through religion.
- In late 1997 as a spotty Northern teenager I bought the CD single ' Tellin ' Stories ' by The Charlatans.
- B-side ' MIA ' is classic The Charlatans as well, but in the ' weirdo ' keyboard wizardry sense of the term.
- However, there are holistic charlatans out there too, and you should be able to verify the credentials of any "expert" whose advice you are considering.Advertisement
- Real psychics have to overcome the damage that charlatans and scammers leave in their wake.
- Skeptics believe that ectoplasm is nothing more than a prop used in scams perpetrated by charlatans who portrayed themselves as mediums during the Victorian era up until the late 1930s.
- Some perceived the band as belonging to the waning Manchester pop scene, and consequently achieved a reputation for being insincere charlatans.