Cham sentence example
- In the narrative of William Rubruquis (1253), though distinct reference is made to the conquering Gur Khan under the name of Coir Cham of Caracatay, the title of "King John" is assigned to Kushluk, king of the Naimans, who had married the daughter of the last lineal representative of the gur khans.(fn 2) And from the remarks which Rubruquis makes in connexion with this King John, on the habit of the Nestorians to spin wonderful stories out of nothing, and of the great tales that went forth about King John, it is evident that the intelligent traveller supposed this king of the Naimans to be the original of the widely spread legend.
- Ministers were to be appointed by him, but be responsible to the cham bers The legislature was composed of two chambers - g P the senate and the chamber of deputies.
- Both cham bers were elected by the same voters, but senators required a property qualification, - the payment of at least 2000 florins in taxes.
- It was probably about this time that the king obtained a divorce from his wife Adela, daughter of Dietpold, margrave of Vohburg and Cham, on the ground of consanguinity, and made a vain effort to obtain a bride from the court of Constantinople.
- In this hot and thirsty corner of Baluchistan, ruled by the Jam or Cham, there is a fairly wide stretch of cultivation, nourished by the alluvial detritus of the Purali and well irrigated.Advertisement
- The report which he sent to Cham pagny (dated April 23rd, 1809) on the state of Persia and the prospects of a successful invasion of India is of great interest.
- Serve with nuoc cham or some sweet chili sauce or soy for dipping.
- Seeley also contributed to the lyrics of this song, along with Ray and Greg Cham.