Chalazion sentence example
- A chalazion is an inflammation or blockage of the deep oil glands within the eyelid that develops into a small hard mass.
- A chalazion first appears as a firm lump under the skin but is usually not painful.
- Sometimes, a chalazion develops after a sty has healed.
- On rare occasions, if a chalazion becomes quite big, it can press on the cornea.
- If the chalazion is on the upper eye lid, it can produce various vision problems including astigmatism, a distortion of the lens that causes fuzzy vision.Advertisement
- If the bump is hard and is located deep within the eyelid, it probably is a chalazion.
- Until the sty or chalazion is healed, the child should not wear contact lenses and the adolescent should not wear eye makeup.
- Homeopathic practitioners prescribe oral homeopathic medications that reduce the bacterial growth within the sty and chalazion and thereby heal the inflammation.