Chafer sentence example
- Note the large scutellum and shiny appearance compared with the Noble Chafer left.
- This is followed by a resting (pseudo-pupal) stage, and thisby two successive larval stages like the grub of a chafer.
- The great conservation concern for the welfare of the noble chafer is the continuing loss of old orchards.
- The net was also fitted with an illegal top-side chafer which stops immature fish escaping.
- A new product for the control of chafer grubs is due to be launched in the UK during April.Advertisement
- A special chafer around the bead prevents the sidewall scrubbing out on the rim under extreme loads.
- Stridulating organs among beetle-larvae have been noted, especially in the wood-feeding grub of the stag-beetles (Lucanidae) and their allies the Passalidae, and in the dung-eating grubs of the dor-beetles (Geotrupes), which belong to the chafer family (Scarabaeidae).