Cetacean sentence example
- It is the commonest cetacean in the seas round the British Isles, and not infrequently ascends the Thames, having been seen as high as Richmond; it has also been observed in the Seine at Neuilly, near Paris.
- Andrews has, moreover, not only brought forward additional evidence in favour of this most remarkable line of descent, but is confident - which Professor Fraas was not - that Zeuglodon itself is an ancestral cetacean, and consequently that whales are the highly modified descendants of creodonts.
- He believes that the cetacean approaches not only rocks, but ships, in the hope of freeing itself from its lodgers.
- To read about the stranded cetacean, Dan Jarvis from BDMLR has very kindly produced this click here report for you to read.
- Compared with many terrestrial mammals, little is known of cetacean natural history.Advertisement
- Although no cetacean was sighted, we saw many sea-birds (even the little cute puffins) and seals.
- Gull, 2 Black terns, 1 Gray Phalarope, and over 30 cetacean sightings, including around 20 large whales.
- Our view is that you will get more from a dog, or indeed a baby three-toed sloth than from a cetacean.