Cesspool sentence example
- It compared the earth to a cesspool.
- It looked like a war zone and smelled like a cesspool.
- People didn't want to spend the money emptying the cesspool and just put a pipe in to run into the nearest dike.
- Another, relating to his band, is: " We have a deep cesspool of creativity here.
- A few years ago Washington was an open cesspool of United States democracy.Advertisement
- I occasionally wish journalists would not lump us all into the same cesspool.
- There is a small cesspool, one of which had been closed by the tenants because of the offensive smell.
- In the event of a complaint being made to a district council that any drain, closet, privy, ashpit or cesspool is a nuisance or injurious to health, the council may empower their surveyor to enter and examine the premises, and, if the complaint is well founded, they may require the owner to do the necessary works.
- The keeping of swine in a dwelling-house, or so as to be a nuisance, is made an offence punishable by a penalty in an urban district, as also is the suffering of any waste or stagnant water to remain in any cellar, or within any dwelling-house after notice, and the allowing of the contents of any closet, privy or cesspool to overflow or soak therefrom.