Cess sentence example
- The Tea Cess Committees of India and Ceylon have both sent representatives in recent years to study the manner of growth and production, but in neither country has there been so far any successful attempt to produce commercially tea of the class.
- British Commercial MissionsOwing to the success of the Maclean mission, which visited and reported upon the markets and trade-routes of north-western Persia in 1903, under the direction of the Board of Trade, a similar mission was sent to southern Persia in 1904, under the auspices of the Upper India Chamber of Commerce, the Bengal Chamber and the Indian Tea Cess Company.
- (1) It was provided that the Local Government Board should ascertain the amount of county cess and poor rate levied off agricultural land in Ireland during the year ending (as regards the poor rate) on the 29th of September, and (as regards the county cess) on the 21st of June 1897; and that half this amount, to be called the agricultural grant, should be paid annually without any variation from the original sum out of the consolidated fund to a local taxation account.
- (3) The county cess was abolished, and the county councils were empowered to levy a single rate for the rural districts and unions, called by the name of poor rate, for all the purposes of the act.
- The poor-rate and the county cess, which latter was mostly paid by the tenants, were consolidated, and an agricultural grant of £730,000 was voted by parliament in order to relieve both parties.Advertisement
- Any file descriptor created by the calling pro- cess or by the child process is also valid in the other process.
- In 1685 he was appointed one of the Commissioners for collecting the cess of the county (Ibid, VIII., 463 ).
- By default notify marks the current pro- cess; simply say ` notify ' after starting a background job to mark it.
- Signals set to be ignored by the calling process will be set to be ignored by the new pro- cess will be set to be ignored by the new pro- cess.
- It was an era of cess pools and human excreta all round.Advertisement
- The sooner he skulks off into the cess pit he calls home the better.
- In Upper Burma all educational grants are paid from imperial funds; there is no cess as in Lower Burma.
- Later, it was used in the sense of the imposition itself, in which it has survived in the contracted form of cess.
- By plotting and averaging he obtained the following results: Ex,cess of Deflection and straining Action of a moving Load over that due to a resting Load.
- See also parliamentary papers and official publications of Indian government; Monographs on brick tea, Formosa tea and other special studies, prepared for the Tea Cess Committees of India and Ceylon; Journals of the Royal Asiatic Society, Journal of the Society of Arts, Geographical Journal, Tea and Coffee Trade Journal (New York), &c. For practical planting details, see Tea; its Cultivation and Manufacture, by David Crole (1897), with a full bibliography; also Rutherford's Planter's Handbook.Advertisement
- On the abdication of King Otho of Greece in 1862 the Greek people by universal suffrage voted Prince Alfred of England to the throne, and when he declined to accept the Cess crown England was asked to name a successor.