Cephalosporin sentence example
- Suitable first-line treatment includes either: An injectable cephalosporin such as cefuroxime, plus metronidazole or Co-amoxiclav.
- A first- or second-generation cephalosporin has the required spectrum of activity.
- Antibiotic rationale A third-generation cephalosporin has the required spectrum of activity against the majority of likely pathogens and is an appropriate initial choice.
- The usual choice for human bite wounds on the hand is a first-generation cephalosporin and either penicillin or amoxicillin-clavulanate (Augmentin).
- Patients who are severely ill are given ampicillin or a third-generation cephalosporin, such as cefotaxime or ceftriaxone, intravenously.Advertisement