Cenotaph sentence example
- Byron died here in 1824, and is commemorated by a cenotaph and a statue.
- The town of Chhatarpur, which is named after Chhatar Sal, and contains his cenotaph, is 70 m.
- At Sparta a cenotaph was erected in his memory near the tombs of Pausanias and Leonidas, and yearly speeches were made and games celebrated in their honour, in which only Spartiates could compete (Paus.
- Cimon brought those of Theseus from Scyros), or if they could not be procured, at least a cenotaph was erected in his honour.
- Teiresias' grave was at the Tilphusian spring; but there was a cenotaph of him at Thebes, and also in later times his "observatory," or place for watching for omens from birds, was pointed out (Pausanias ix 16; Sophocles, Antigone, 999).Advertisement
- remembrance parade at the cenotaph on Sunday.
- Cenotaph >>
- Once the ceremony was finished the thousands of people who had lined the streets began to queue to pass the cenotaph.
- The names of wars in this century were read out following a minute's silence around a specially built alternative cenotaph.
- I looked back to see the cenotaph once more, and by now the stone man was fully visible on the slab.Advertisement
- In London there is a large memorial called the cenotaph in Whitehall, and each Remembrance Sunday a big ceremony is held there.
- This ' floral ' temporary cenotaph was erected in Bowling Park, Bradford, shortly after the war.
- In the three days that followed the unveiling of the permanent cenotaph, 400,000 people visited it.
- Day 3 This morning you will be taken to Jodhpur where you will visit the Mehrangarh Fort and the marble cenotaph at Jaswant Thada.
- Last November she became the first transsexual to march in the annual Remembrance Day parade at the Cenotaph when she accompanied fellow Falklands veterans.Advertisement
- wreath at the cenotaph in remembrance of those who fought in the Far East during the Second World War.
- A small group of the Harrogate branch membership attended the remembrance parade at the cenotaph on Sunday.
- Charles laid a wreath at the Cenotaph in remembrance of those who fought in the Far East during the Second World War.