Cenotaph sentence example
- Byron died here in 1824, and is commemorated by a cenotaph and a statue.
- Once the ceremony was finished the thousands of people who had lined the streets began to queue to pass the cenotaph.
- The names of wars in this century were read out following a minute's silence around a specially built alternative cenotaph.
- I looked back to see the cenotaph once more, and by now the stone man was fully visible on the slab.
- In London there is a large memorial called the cenotaph in Whitehall, and each Remembrance Sunday a big ceremony is held there.Advertisement
- This ' floral ' temporary cenotaph was erected in Bowling Park, Bradford, shortly after the war.
- In the three days that followed the unveiling of the permanent cenotaph, 400,000 people visited it.
- Day 3 This morning you will be taken to Jodhpur where you will visit the Mehrangarh Fort and the marble cenotaph at Jaswant Thada.
- Last November she became the first transsexual to march in the annual Remembrance Day parade at the Cenotaph when she accompanied fellow Falklands veterans.
- A small group of the Harrogate branch membership attended the remembrance parade at the cenotaph on Sunday.Advertisement
- Charles laid a wreath at the Cenotaph in remembrance of those who fought in the Far East during the Second World War.
- The town of Chhatarpur, which is named after Chhatar Sal, and contains his cenotaph, is 70 m.
- Teiresias' grave was at the Tilphusian spring; but there was a cenotaph of him at Thebes, and also in later times his "observatory," or place for watching for omens from birds, was pointed out (Pausanias ix 16; Sophocles, Antigone, 999).