Cellulosic sentence example
- The " new " technology of producing ethanol from cellulosic biomass does receive some R&D support, but not more traditional methods of production.
- Textile dyeing to improve the dyeing of cellulosic fibers with reactive dyes.
- In the future, Winter said, the process could be tied to the production of cellulosic ethanol.
- However, as the name indicates, cellulosic feedstocks are high in cellulose, and cellulose cannot be fermented.
- The use of non-foodstuffs, or cellulosic materials, such as grasses, reeds, straws, peat, waste wood, sawdust, etc., is not yet possible, for, although research work is in progress to discover a process that could be worked on a commercial basis in those regions where such materials exist in sufficient abundance, it has not so far led to any definite results.Advertisement
- Cellulosic ethanol is sometimes called biomass.
- Alcohol is produced by fermentation from vegetable substances containing starch or sugar, from fermentable sugars produced by the hydrolysis of cellulosic bodies, and synthetically from calcium carbide and from the ethylene contained in coal and coke-oven gases.