Cease-fire sentence example
- Charles negotiated a cease-fire in Ireland that freed English troops for action on the mainland.
- I asked everyone to try their best to agree, declare, implement, monitor and enforce a cease-fire for a whole next year.
- The United Nations Observer Mission in Sierra Leone (UNOMSIL) was retained to help monitor the cease-fire.
- Number two: Declare a unilateral cease-fire in the hope that such action will create the atmosphere for negotiation.
- Question: Why not simply demand an immediate cease-fire by both sides?Advertisement
- Despite this murder, the loyalist paramilitary cease-fire was still deemed to be in place.
- The war in Croatia lasted until January 1992, when an unconditional cease-fire established an uneasy peace between the Croatian government and ethnic Serbs.
- He reiterated the call for cessation of hostilities or, better still, a comprehensive cease-fire.
- January 2, 1992: The Sarajevo Accord establishes the first lasting cease-fire in the war in Croatia.
- The UN also uses the term to refer to forceful actions to prevent cease-fire violations or to reinstate a failed cease-fire violations or to reinstate a failed cease-fire.Advertisement
- The loyalist cease-fire allowed people to feel safer in publicly expressing political feelings in such a campaign.
- The tourist industry in Northern Ireland enjoyed an unprecedented boom prior to the end of the IRA cease-fire.
- On the 20th the Italians began the attack, and General Maze de la Roches division having effected a breach in the Porta Pia, the pope ordered the garrison to cease fire and the Italians poured into the Eternal City followed by thousands of Roman exiles.
- He took in everything, noting the enemies had begun to encroach upon the neutral territory agreed upon in the cease-fire.
- It's been quiet due to the cease-fire called by the Council, he explained.Advertisement
- "The cease-fire must make it easier to travel," she observed, recalling the enemy positions around the spacecraft launch sites.
- Was a greater impetus needed in order to violate the cease-fire?
- Frankly, we all need to take a deep breath and declare a cease-fire.