Causeries sentence example
- Camille Lemonnier has given in one of his Causeries a striking picture of this faded scene of former greatness, now a solitude in which the few residents seem spectres rather than living figures.
- The charm of Villehardouin can escape no reader; but few readers will fail to derive some additional pleasure from the two essays which SainteBeuve devoted to him, reprinted in the ninth volume of the Causeries du lundi.
- Mention may also be made of Voltaire, Siecle de Louis XIV.; P. Clement, Histoire de la vie et de l'administration de Colbert; Sainte-Beuve, Causeries de lundi.
- His numerous works include the musical comedy, Pierre le Grand (1790), for Gretry's music, and the opera, Les Deux Journees (1800), music by Cherubini; also L' Abbe de l'epee (1800), and some other plays; and Causeries d'un vieillard (1807), Contes a ma fille (1809), and Les Adieux du vieux conteur (1835).
- Caro, Essai sur la vie et la doctrine de Saint-Martin (1852); Sainte-Beuve, Causeries du lundi, x.Advertisement
- Of the numerous shorter studies may be mentioned those of SainteBeuve in the Causeries du lundi and in Portraits contemporains; Jules Lemaitre in Les Contemporains, vol.
- See the "Notice" by Viennet prefixed to the fourth edition of Daru's Histoire de la re'publique de Venise (9 vols., 1853), and three articles by Sainte-Beuve in Causeries du lundi, vol.
- See his Ouvres, edited by his son (Paris, 1853 seq.); SainteBeuve, Causeries du lundi, vol.
- See Sainte-Beuve, Causeries du lundi, vol.
- Constant and Madame de Charriere), Causeries du lundi (vol.Advertisement
- All earlier biographies were superseded by Theophile Lavallee's Histoire de St Cyr, reviewed in Causeries du lundi, vol.