Catherine of aragon sentence example
catherine of aragon
- Meeting with Cranmer, they were naturally led to discuss the king's meditated divorce from Catherine of Aragon.
- Henry meanwhile, however, had sent William Knight, his secretary, on a separate mission to Rome to obtain facilities for his marriage with Anne; and on the cardinal's return in August he found her installed as the king's companion and proposed successor to Catherine of Aragon.
- See also articles on CATHERINE OF ARAGON and HENRY VIII.
- On the occasion of his marriage with Catherine of Aragon the city was gorgeously ornamented with rich silks and tapestry, and Goldsmiths' Row (Cheapside) and part of Cornhill were hung with golden brocades.
- In his Divorce of Catherine of Aragon (1891) he made an unfortunate attempt to show that certain fresh evidence on the subject, brought forward by Dr Gairdner, Dr Friedmann and others, was not inconsistent with the views which he had expressed in his History nearly forty years before.Advertisement
- Among the gifts sent by Menezes was a piece of tapestry representing the marriage of Catherine of Aragon to Arthur, prince of Wales.
- Henry was then particularly anxious to cement his alliance with Francis I., and gain his co-operation as far as possible in the object on which he had secretly set his heart - a divorce from Catherine of Aragon.
- In that year he brought to a conclusion marriage negotiations not less momentous in their ultimate results, when Prince Arthur was betrothed to Catherine of Aragon.
- In the park a cross marks the site of Ampthill Castle, the residence of Catherine of Aragon while her divorce from Henry VIII.
- The old manor house, now demolished, was Catherine's residence; and had been, according to tradition, the place of the retirement of Catherine of Aragon after her divorce from Henry VIII.Advertisement
- Few diplomatic hagglings have been so long and so sordid as that between England and Spain over the marriage treaty which gave the hand of Catherine of Aragon first to Henrys eldest son Arthur, and then, on his premature death in 1502, to his second son Henry.
- It is certain that Henry was tired and wanted to get rid of her; but if she were innocent, why were charges brought against her which were not brought against Catherine of Aragon and Anne of Cleves?
- One of his first acts as king was to marry his brother's widow, Catherine of Aragon.
- One of his first acts as king was to marry his brother 's widow, Catherine of Aragon.
- Queen Mary I was the daughter of Henry VIII and his first wife Catherine of Aragon.Advertisement
- Bloody Mary is the black nickname for Queen Mary I or Queen Mary Tudor, eldest daughter of King Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon.