Catabolism sentence example
- So any treatments that could reduce muscle catabolism might prove beneficial.
- That pathway is discussed along with the topic of amino acid catabolism.
- If protein turnover rates are measured in growing meat animals, the half-life for protein synthesis is shorter than the half-life for protein catabolism.
- This lecture will examine how a common metabolite in both fat and carbohydrate catabolism could hold some insight into metabolic integration.
- Hering has long insisted on a self-regulative adjustment of the cell metabolism, so that action involves reaction, increased catabolism necessitates after-increase of anabolism.Advertisement
- The effect of acidosis on nutrition was highlighted - acidosis increases protein catabolism and reduces albumin production.
- Excess cortisol is known to increase catabolism (protein breakdown in muscles ).
- Within 1 month of glucocorticosteroid therapy, reduction in serum immunoglobulins is noted because of increased catabolism.
- Man and other primates excrete uric acid as the final product of purine catabolism as the result of lacking uricase.
- The long-continued incitement to catabolism of the waking day thus of itself predisposes the nerve cells towards rebound into the opposite phase; the increased catabolism due to the day's stimuli induces increase of anabolism, and though recuperation goes on to a large extent during the day itself, the recuperative process is slower than, and lags behind, the disintegrative.Advertisement