Cast-up sentence example
- Pieces of amber torn from the sea-floor are cast up by the waves, and collected at ebb-tide.
- And as we were staying in Asia at the time, the man cast up at the same place and interviewed us and other scholars, making trial of their wisdom.
- Porphyra laciniata, the edible laver; Codium tomentosum, a coarse species; Padina pavonia, common in shallow water; Ulva latissima; Haliseris polypodioides; Sargassum bacciferum; the well-known gulf weed, probably transported from the Atlantic; Zostera marina, forming dense beds in muddy bays; the roots are cast up by storms and are valuable to dress the fields.
- Secondly, there is the so-called " Vallum," in reality no vallum at all, but a broad flat-bottomed ditch out of which the earth has been cast up on either side into g Bremen (Rochester) ijffabilasrciu.n
- After a perilous voyage to Thrace, Delos, Crete and Sicily (where his father dies), he is cast up by a storm, sent by Juno, on the African coast.Advertisement
- Pontodrilus, seeks an unusual environment, and is found in heaps of sea-weed cast up by the sea.
- I cast up a tiny little riffle and kept just going a little too far to the left.
- The Bard can summon one creature initially, but will eventually be able to cast up to four at a time.
- This bolus is surrounded, as by a bag, by the cast-up lining of the gizzard.