Cast about sentence example
- Friday morning had a yellow cast about it as if something ominous was about to take place.
- The apparently hopeless outlook for corn-growing compelled farmers to cast about for some other means of subsistence, and to rely more than they had hitherto done upon the possibilities of stock-breeding.
- The Boers now cast about to find a man who should have the necessary ability, as they said, to negotiate on equal terms with the British authorities should any future dispute arise.
- Miyagawa soon began to cast about for a better inspiration, and found it in Adoption of the monochromes and polychromes of the Chinese Chinese Kang-hsi and Yung-cheng kilns.
- 5, 6; the young man who, when Jesus was arrested, followed, "having a linen cloth cast about him," xiv.Advertisement
- Dowdall fled; his see was treated as vacant, and Cranmer cast about him for a Protestant to fill St Patrick's chair.
- Aye, well said, sergeant, tis good to cast about for money.