Casemates sentence example
- A grave defect in the design was that there was no covered communication between these casemates and the parapets.
- The casemates in the gorge, partially cut of rt off from the terreplein by a couple of deep sunk yards Arthur.
- Termor de on the Scheldt and Diest on the Dender are retained as nominally fortified positions, but neither could resist a regular bombardment for more than a few hours, as their casemates are not bomb-proof.
- His constitution was of iron, his capacity for work prodigious; reviews and parades, receptions of deputations, visits to public institutions, then eight or nine hours in his 3 The prisoners were kept in solitary confinement in the casemates of the inner fortress of St Peter and St Paul.
- barbette emplacements or iron shielded casemates.Advertisement
- bombproof casemates, formerly containing the tools, to hold the extra ammunition.
- The long vaulted casemates that today face the parade were known as Eighteen Gun Battery.
- The demand for more secondary armament - 15 cm - was solved by using twin casemates.
- In turn, this released the bombproof casemates, formerly containing the tools, to hold the extra ammunition.
- Between the magazines were two pairs of gun casemates (to shelter the guns in) flanked by two pairs of artillery general stores.Advertisement
- These were open batteries, the guns not being sited in bomb proof casemates.
- The living casemates were under the gorge parapet.