Cascarilla sentence example
- cascarilla bark, grown in a few of the Out Islands, is used to flavor Campari and Vermouth.
- Tobacco and cascarilla bark also flourish; and cotton is indigenous and was woven into cloth by the aborigines.
- In Rome olibanum alone is employed; in other places benzoin, storax, lign, aloes, cascarilla bark, cinnamon, cloves and musk are all said to be occasionally used.
- The bitterness is imparted by such substances as bitter orange rind, gentian, rhubarb, quassia, cascarilla, angostura, quinine and cinchona.
- The aromatic bitters such as chamomile flowers, cascarilla bark, hops, orange peel and others contain in addition small quantities of essential oils which increase their local action.Advertisement