Carvers sentence example
- A considerable school of carvers soon began to work in the Matsumoto style, and hundreds of their pi-oductions have gone to Europe and America, finding no market in Japan.
- From this time the temple carvers, although still attached to the carpenters guild, took a place apart from the rest of their craft, and the genius of Hidari Jingoro secured for one important section of the artisan world a recognition like that which Hishigawa Moronobu, the painter and book-illustrator, afterwards won I or another.
- If Japan had given us nothing Carvers.
- The natives round the Cameroon estuary are clever carvers of wood, and make highly ornamental figure heads for their canoes, which also sometimes show very fine workmanship. In the interior the people use the wild-growing cotton and fibres of plants to manufacture coarse drapery and plait-work.
- The wood is used by carvers, being soft and light, and by architects in framing the models of buildings.Advertisement
- One and all skilful to a surpassing degree - weavers, embroiderers, potters, painters, engravers, carvers, sculptors and jewellers, - they were wearied by drudgery and overpowered by a never-absent, weird and grotesque theology.
- Carvers fits the ideal of a "mountain town" cafe for the casual customer to read a paper while enjoying a hot, fresh breakfast and a cup of coffee in a little "cottage" setting.
- The restaurant's authentic churrascaria ambiance complements the cherrywood décor as well as the personality and image of the master chef, specialized kitchen and meat carvers.