Cartularies sentence example
- Its library contains many important MSS., among them Burns's correspondence with George Thomson, and several cartularies including those of St Andrews and Brechin.
- Philosophy and ecclesiastical history: Revue neo-scholastique publiee par la societe philosophique de Louvain (1894); Revue d'histoire ecclesiastique (1900), the organ of the Catholic university of Louvain; Revue benedictine (1884); Analectes pour servir 'a l'histoire ecclesiastique de la Belgique, 2 e serie (1881-1904) and 3 e seri.e 1905); with an Annexe for Cartularies.
- the cartularies of the church and the town of Die (1868), of the abbey of St Andre le-Bas at Vienne (1869),(1869), of the abbey of Notre Dame at Bonnevaux in the diocese of Vienne (1889), of the abbey of St Chaffre at Le Monestier (1884), the Cheviot Hills inventories and several collections of archives of the dauphins of Viennais, and a Bibliotheque liturgique in six volumes (1893-1897), the third and fourth volumes of which constitute the Repertorium hymnologicum, containing more than 20,000 articles.
- Flach gave them a solid basis by the wide range of his researches, utilizing charters and cartularies (published and unpublished), chronicles, lives of saints, and even those dangerous guides, the chansons de geste.
- Ecclesiastical records are represented by the episcopal registers (for the most part still unpublished), monastic cartularies, and other documents rendered comparatively scarce by the spoliation of the monasteries, and scattered proceedings of ecclesiastical courts.Advertisement
- cartularye cartularies of the three main houses, Oseney, Eynsham, and St Frideswide's are retained in the Archive.
- cartularyraries of some individual colleges also have their own collections of MSS, including several monastic cartularies, described by Davis.
- cartularye all but 2 are recorded in monastic cartularies.
- monastic cartularies or bishop's registers.
- Reading Abbey Cartularies (Camden Society, 4th ser.Advertisement