Cartouche sentence example
- (4) doms of Upper and Lower Egypt, to be read stni, " butcher(?)" and byti, " beekeeper(?)" The personal name of the king followed (4), and was enclosed in a cartouche OI apparently symbolizing the circuit of the sun which alone bounded the king's rule.
- They include colossal figures of Aesculapius and Bacchus, and the lower half of a seated Egyptian divinity in black basalt, bearing the cartouche of Tethmosis (Thothmes) I.
- Before the IVth Dynasty the cartouche is seldom found: the usual title is (1), and (3) does not occur.
- The arms of the popes and ecclesiastics of high birth were borne on an oval cartouche; and it is thus particularly applied, in Egyptian archaeology, for the oblong device with oval ends, enclosing the names of royal personages on the monuments.
- Only the first plate of a long road has a title cartouche giving the name of the road.Advertisement
- Attractive steel engraved cartouche with title embedded on a rock, sailing ships in the background, piece of eight coin and sheep.
- The anonymous plan contains a highly decorated cartouche, and a key identifying the types of ships involved and their nationality.
- The front panel is centered by a blind cartouche supported by winged putti and an eagle above military trophies.
- The salver is beautifully engraved with shells, diaper work and central cartouche with monogram.
- In the Vth Dynasty the custom began of giving the king at his accession a special name connecting him with the sun: this was placed in the cartouche after (4), and a fifth title was added: (5)Si Si-re, "son of the Sun-god," to precede a cartouche containing the personal name.Advertisement
- Cartouche: The Cartouche was the first Gruen wristwatch with specially-built movements that entirely fit the case.
- 3 in the Central Court, and a cartouche of the "Shepherd King," Khyan, was also found at Cnossus.
- Each city is represented by an oval cartouche containing the name of the city, with a bound prisoner on top.
- The bowl above bears the title ARCHERS in a printed cartouche, as shown.
- An engraved county map embellished with an uncoloured title cartouche.Advertisement
- A very pretty English silver plated tray, with engraved floral and foliage motifs, and a cartouche to the center.