Cartographic sentence example
- Homann's cartographic establishment at Nuremberg.
- The British Cartographic Society (B.C.S. ), through and on behalf of its membership, exerts an influence on and promotes world cartography.
- geodetic network, compliant with European standards, as the main reference of its cartographic products.
- The text on " Munros defined " provides enough material to keep the cartographic pedants chattering for months to come.
- Even before Mercator's death, Antwerp and Amsterdam had become great centres of cartographic activity, and they maintained their pre-eminence until the beginning of the 18th century.Advertisement
- Another cartographic publishing firm was established at Amsterdam in 1612 by Willem Janszon Blaeu (1571-1638), a friend of Tycho Brahe, from 1633 " mapmaker " of the states-general, and a man of scientific culture.
- - It was no mere accident which enabled France to enjoy a pre-eminence in cartographic work during the greater part of the 18th century.
- Venice ranks next to Genoa as a centre of cartographic activity.