Cartage sentence example
- Generally speaking, the main paths for cartage should be 8 ft.
- The smaller paths, not intended for cartage, should be 4 ft.
- In practice the proximity to chalk pits or lime kilns, the cost of the lime and cartage, will determine which is most economical.
- It may be supposed that originally the public roads, when worn by the cartage of the coal, were repaired by laying planks of timber at the bottom of the ruts, and that then the planks were laid on the surface of special roads or ways' formed between the collieries and the river.
- Arrangements were made for water cartage to operate on the afternoon of Monday the 24th.Advertisement