Carriageway sentence example
- In front lie the Villa Communale (first called Reale and subsequently Nazionale) public gardens, the chief promenade of the city, which were first laid out in 1780, and have been successively extended in 1807, in 1834, and again in recent years; and the whole edge of the bay from the Castel dell' Ovo to Mergellina is lined by a massive embankment and carriageway, the Via Caracciolo, constructed in 1875-1881.
- Payment will facilitate the lowering of the automatic bollard located in the center of the outbound carriageway.
- These days the A9 takes a dual carriageway bypass route which crosses the Moray Firth at Kessock bridge.
- The canal corridor up to its present terminus up against a dual carriageway runs through an industrail scene.
- The A876 dual carriageway was upgraded to M876 motorway in 1974, and extended eastwards, on a completely new line, in 1980.Advertisement
- It involves the construction of a dual carriageway flyover from Richmond Hill Bridge over Hunslet Road and on to the Hunslet Distributor.
- We're dual carriageway again, with grade separated junctions for the moment.
- Got my first speeding ticket on this - doing 45mph overtaking a dustbin lorry on a dual carriageway in Cleveleys.
- You may wish to cross the dual carriageway using the pelican crossing located on the right hand side of the two junctions.
- The second of these meets the dual carriageway at the next grade separated roundabout.Advertisement
- We must invest in a complete national system of dual carriageway trunk roads.
- On the opposite side of the Medina a broad carriageway leads to East Cowes Castle, a handsome edifice built by John Nash, the favourite architect of George IV., in 1798, and immediately beyond it are the grounds surrounding Osborne House (see Osborne), built in 1845 after the property had been purchased by Queen Victoria, the church of St Mildred, Whippingham, lying a mile to the south.
- Cyclists may need to rejoin the carriageway following use of the facility.
- The westbound carriageway was also reduced to single file at the same point.
- The restriction to the use of this measure is the width of the carriageway.Advertisement