Carrel sentence example
- His career as a soldier being then finally closed, Carrel resolved to devote himself to literature.
- The book was never finished, but the fragment he completed was published in 1808, and was translated into French by Armand Carrel in 1846.
- But the accession to power of the Polignac ministry in August 1829 changed his projects, and at the beginning of the next year Thiers, with Armand Carrel, Mignet, and others started the National, a new opposition newspaper.
- In 1830 he founded the National with Thiers and Armand Carrel, and signed the journalists' protest against the Ordonnances de juillet, but he refused to accept his share of the spoil after his party had won.
- Near Figuieres the legion was compelled to surrender, and Carrel became the prisoner of his old general, Damas.Advertisement
- There was considerable difficulty about the terms of capitulation, and one council of war condemned Carrel to death.
- The National was at first conducted by Thiers, Mignet and Carrel in conjunction; but after the revolution of July, Thiers and Mignet assumed office, and the whole management fell into the hands of Carrel.
- The dispute which led to the duel with Emile de Girardin was one of small moment, and might have been amicably arranged had it not been for some slight obstinacy on Carrel's part.
- The wound was at once seen to be dangerous, and Carrel was conveyed to the house of a friend, where he died after two days' suffering.
- Both Chateaubriand and Carrel had praised the prince's first writings.Advertisement
- On the outbreak of war with Spain in 1823, Carrel, whose sympathies were altogether with the liberal cause, sent in his resignation, and succeeded in effecting his escape to Barcelona.
- De Girardin was wounded in the thigh, Carrel in the groin.
- Each individual study carrel is equipped with internet access.